Friday, September 3, 2010

Boss Birthday Surprise


Blowing out the candles to her cakes!

The surprise we made her. :)

DJ's beautiful door

First of all, let me start by saying: I HAVE THE BEST BOSS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! Ok, now that I have said that - let me tell you how we shocked the heck out of her!
So last year I had just started working at the Mission when my boss's birthday came about and she had left for a vacation.... I made a mental note and put it on my calendar for this year. I didn't mention anything to her about her birthday coming up and so naturally, she didn't say anything and just assumed everyone had forgotten her birthday this year... HAHAHAHA
The Tuesday before her birthday, Avril (a dear co-worker) and I had lunch in my office and devised a plan. It included streamers from the ceiling tiles, balloons.... lots of balloons, construction paper hands, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign and cake - 2 of them!! We had a blast putting everything together. We hung the streamers Thursday night and then blew up 50 balloons to have all over her office Friday morning before she came in. Avril made an applesauce cake with homemade Carmel icing and I made a chocolate cake with butter cream icing. We had sushi for lunch. It was the perfect surprise birthday! She was totally and completely shocked! The construction paper hands replaced having a birthday card - I made enough hands for all the employees here and everyone wrote their name on the center of the hand and then on each finger and thumb wrote something they liked about DJ. It was awesome. She ended up with over 105 reasons why people like her! HELLO! If that isn't an awesome birthday present I don't know what is!!! :) She is an incredible boss, but more than that an amazing Godly woman that I admire with my whole heart. It was a fun time and so glad we had the opportunity to do it for her. I love making people feel special. :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment